Climate change is real and travelling has a huge impact on the environment. There’s no way around that. At Ride with the Locals we had a long hard think on how we can reduce our impact and become a force for good. The road is long, and we are constantly fine tuning the way we do our thing. Below you will find a list of how we try to limit our impact, if you have any suggestions feel free to get in touch!
- Green web hosting – The servers that host our website run on green energy or is compensating for its energy use. (source: https://www.thegreenwebfoundation.org/ )
- We offset all our travel, including the uplift services on our trips using the calculation methods on https://www.carbonfootprint.com
- We stopped using flyers, and all our booking process is 100% paperless.
- We use recycled, organic and high quality materials for everything we do.
- Food on our trips is locally sourced, organic and vegetarian where possible.
- Together with our partners we try to raise awareness for the environmental issues.
- Free transfers to and from the train station if you arrive by rail to any of our trips.
- We aim to use accommodation that uses renewable energy and operates in a sustainable way